TrailBlaze Creative, (TBC) an independent marketing and communications firm, seeks a talented individual to assist in developing new and unique marketing journeys for our clients.
We are seeking a Contract/Part-time web developer who is able to assist with all aspects of the web development process. We’re looking for help delivering the best work to our clients in terms of functionality, security, and design. While this position is not full time at this time, there is the possibility it could become a full-time position in the near future.
We work with a variety of clients on projects ranging from simple websites to complex web applications, with lots of opportunity to provide creative solutions.
- Provides assistance in the development and maintenance of database and web-based platforms and tool sets and end user support for TrailBlaze staff and clients.
- Creates project specifications for web-based applications.
- Designs, builds and maintains applications software using appropriate programming languages. Applications are mainly web-based.
- Performs routine and specific maintenance and ongoing security of client and TBC web properties, programs and applications as necessary.
- Directs production, installation and turnover of approved code changes for application objects to the production environments.
- Demonstrates a high sense of ownership of user problems.
- Provides TBC staff with technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
- Works with vendors and staff in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- Ability to work in close collaboration to explain processes to TBC staff
- Maintains the security of all TBC operations by keeping information confidential.
Specific Knowledge Required
- Hosting and Domain support
- Familiarity with Cloudways and other hosting platforms
- Ability to implement and monitor website security for all client sites.
- Code Repositories
- HTML, CSS, Laravel, and other application languages as needed
- Fluent in Bootstrap
- Plugin Authoring, primarily for use with the DIVI WordPress theme
- API integrations with WordPress for various online services including payment processing, document libraries, and others
- Transactional Email (Mailgun) processes and ensuring online form submissions and alerts are properly delivered and received
- General website functionality and connectivity Issues
- SSH/SFTP access and security when working with outside vendors
- Learning Management System authoring
This position will primarily telecommute, however some in-person meetings may occur south of the City of Pittsburgh. We desire to only, work with a candidate that is able to travel to these meetings in person. It is important that candidates have access to a laptop, as well as internet access, phone access, and basic other computer programs necessary for this position. Since regular meetings with TrailBlaze leadership and clients is also expected, so access to periodic transportation is required.
Please email resume, project samples, a statement of how you meet the needs our description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TrailBlaze Creative, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.